Saturday, December 3, 2011

SATURDAY MORNING- The tea was wonderful as always and some challenge entries

Hi Friends,
I hope you all enjoyed Friday night.
 My Friday evening was  wonderful. I love going to the tea, because it really gets me in the Christmas spirit. Even though I have been  making  all these Christmas cards, there is something about dressing up (that means not being in jeans or sweats to me), having someone wait on you while you listen to Christmas music, being with friends and eating.
This years skit was on cooking I learned how to make caramel sauce.
 Can always use that.


 I only got a couple of good pictures, because the camera was set on movie mode  and the gal I asked to take a picture of some of us did not realize until she had taken the shot and then people started coming in and then it got really busy.  Here is a picture of the table I was at. The person who set the table was not there so ended up being the hostess because there was only one other person there from our church and it was her first time at a tea and I had invited her.  Maybe next year she will hostess a table.

I got a picture of one more table and then I started talking to friends and before you know it the tea had begun.


Also I had my camera set on macro mode because the last time I took a photo with this camera I was capturing the essence of this little one.



There are so may of us women (approx 400), that we were given permission to use the men's bathroom. A few decorations were added  to make it kind of homey and Christmas-y


Anyway I'm here to enter some challenges:
Go Fish:
CCR: The theme is as long as there is an animal in any type of project
Whimsical Designs


I just love "When it is cold outside" cartridge. The designs are so intricate if you look closely on this on you will see not only the manger scene, but two palm trees, two camels and three wise men. I used stickles on the star for a little bling.
PTI: Card stock
DCWV: paper
MM foam stamp:sentiment
Charisma cardz Challenge:

12 comments:

  1. Your tea looks wonderful- and those nutcrackers in the bathroom made me chuckle! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Pretty Christmas card too! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table came out so nice! I also laughed when I saw the Nutcrackers! Looks like a great time! Great card, love the scene you made! Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes the nutcrackers were too funny... Everything looked just beautiful - I am so glad you had such a wonderful time, it is nice when someone waits on us... And I loved your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! And I agree, you can ALWAYS use carmel sauce! LOL! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty Christmas Card, Thank you so much for joining us over at GoFish! Challenge . Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty table settings!!! Looks like a fun event..Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card in The Creative Cutter Room. Hugs Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the elegant look!!! And how much do I love those nutcrackers!!!! LOL That's funny! Looks like a fab time was had!!! Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Whimsical Designs
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stylish card and love the spottiness too!

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week,best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card.. love the nativity scene and it looks so elegant..
    Thnx for joining in our fun over at Whimsical Designs..
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is lovely. Thanks for playing with us at Go Fish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I love the nutcrackers standing at the urinals! That is hysterical!!! Thanks for playing with us at Go Fish challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...