Sunday, January 29, 2012

JANUARY 29, 2012 **** SUNDAY*** A BIRTHDAY CARD FOR MY UNCLE

Hi Everyone,

This past week has been one of great HIGHS and sorrowful Lows. The beginning of the week I was guest designer at My Pink Stamper, I won lots of goodies and had a great time with all the dinners and desserts out. Toward the end of the week I was sitting with dear fiends as we said good bye to another dear friend, our friend passed away today @3:00 p.m. I am very sad, but thankful he is out of pain (cancer, is no ones friend). I wanted to share that with you, because I know I have not been able to visit many of you, but I have tried my best. Thank you for understanding.  I realize making art is very Therapeutic so I have been trying to create to take my mind off the sadness. Here is the card I came up with. As you have probably noticed I have a BIG family. My mother is the second oldest of 14, This card is for my uncle, he use to live with us when I was younger.




This is an Easel, shaker, shape card. I used PTI: smokey shadow, true black, SEI en route
Buttons from The little red cottage, The cut was made at 10.4 on the imagine, sentiment was from inkadinkadoo and versamark onyx black. I am also showing the outside and the inside of the card

I am also entering in into a few challenges.
Frosted Design: 2 buttons, 3 patterned papers and a one word sentiment
Birthday Sundaes: An Easel card
Stampin Sisters in Christ: My style

I hope you like my card.  Actually, I hope he likes my card,
Thanks for stopping by, have a blessed-- Hug your loved ones, Diana

19 comments:

  1. I am so sad for the loss of your friend, but glad he is no longer in pain..
    What an awesome card this is... Good luck with the challenges you entered it into.. It's an amazing card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sorry for the loss of your friend, Diana. May you find comfort knowing he is with God now and no longer in pain.

    Your card is gorgeous!! I love the easel, the shaker and the shape!! Your uncle will treasure it :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana this is an awesome shaker card. I am sure your uncle will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad for you my friend, I pray for peace for you and your family.


    Great card, your Uncle is sure to love this!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Condolences to you & your family on your loss. Wonderful easel shaker birthday card. I especially like the star shape.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great guy card- Loving the shaker in the star! I am so sorry to hear your friend passed away...my condolences. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss, my sincere condolences. Your card turned out great, I'm sure you Uncle will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow diana! you're on a roll with all the birthday cards. sounds like a busy week for your craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card! I love the shaker idea. Sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I'm so sorry about yoru friend's passing. Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful, playful card Diana! You are right, cancer is no ones friend~I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a week! I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. The card is wonderful!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Diana,

    Thank you so much for your visits to my blog!

    Loving your shaker cards, I've not made one yet but you're giving me a hunger to do so.

    I'm sure your cards will be treasured and displayed in a place of honour long after the happy events for your Aunt and Uncle!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute cutout card! I love the buttons, too! I hope you enjoyed cooking with our recipe at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sorry about your friend.hope that making cards can help you thru your loss.lovely card.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice card! I like your style! Cards for men are always a challenge for me - absolutely love what you did! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sure this brightened your Uncle's day!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your easel/shaker card - great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs! :)

    P.S. Also, so very sorry for your loss...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...