Tuesday, April 9, 2013

UP UP AND AWAY


CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #106 challenge (week 2) ending April 9, 2013  
CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday April LINKY challenge ending April 30, 2013






Hi Friends,

This is my really long day, so you won't see me until later.  I will fill you in tomorrow what is happening.  until then, I will leave you with this really fun card that I did yesterday while I had my PTI up up and away stamp set out.  I'm so glad I worked on this because I have been needing to get some watercolor paintings done and this is a nice small way to get back into it.  When I look at a full sheet of water color paper I have the equivalent of writers block-- you writers know exactly what I am talking about.  My card measures 4.25 x 5.5


 Here is a close-up of the balloons-- I love the way they came out



I used PTI stampers select white, watercolor paper for the  balloons. They are die-cut then embossed and then watercolor painted using  Jenni Bowlin re- inkers. I used blueberry sky for the mat liner. I used 3_d pop dots for the balloons I wanted them to look like they were floating.
The embossing powder I used is CI paints Deliquesce white.

Challenges:
Through the craft room door: AG
Shopping our stash: not your normal paper
MIM:AG
Sunday Funday:AG

Thanks for stopping by, Have a blessed day, Diana

27 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love the water coloring, it's perfect for those balloons!

    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DL- thus us my favorite blog entry of yours!!! It is beyond words. Extraordinary is the best description, perhaps...but it is an understatement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful balloon card. Love it.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! You are a very talented watercolour artist, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. would lift anyone's spirits! great watercoloring on the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The clouds are BEAUTIFUL!!!FABULOUS Air Balloons!!Absolutely AMAZING!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Diana. Love the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is beautiful!! Your "writer's block" (painter's block?) could not have lasted long!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous!! I am loving the hot air balloons!! They look amazing!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Diana - this is beautiful. Love love those balloons!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice, they DO look like they're floating away! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card looks Amazing. Love all the Embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Diana you're water-colored balloon card turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab card ,love the cloud effect you have created
    THanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, Diana! Love the technique that You've used!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a precious card! Love the design, balloons, clouds, & coloring! Great sentiment, too! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love hot air balloons, and water coloring is perfect for them. Thansk for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous cards. Love the sky with the clouds. Done so beautifully with the watercolors. Those ballons look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I featured this beautiful card today over at Sunday Funday!!! Congrats;) Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  20. I featured this beautiful card today on Sunday Funday!! Thanks for linking it up!!
    Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty Diana, I'm working on a hot air balloon card - wish I knew water coloring like you :)
    Have a great day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...