Tuesday, May 28, 2013

MOJO--and a few others

CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday  #110 Splash challenge ending June 7, 2013
CLICK HERE for the  DL.ART Thankful Thursday May Linky  challenge Anything goes ending May 31,



Good Afternoon Friends,









I finally got some MOJO in today.  

I have to say, I just love our troops !!  I don't like the thought of war, but you have to hand it to our troops they are AWESOME.  I get teary eyed every time I see a soldier in uniform (man or woman) and I will go out of my way to say "thank you for your service to our country."
I hope they don't get sick of it, because I just do it.
One time I was on a flight and some soldiers got on the plane. I told the flight attendant I would like to pay for their meal, but don't let them know. She told me their airline always gives the troops their meals at no charge.  I fly that airline most of the time now-- not to get out of buying the meals (ha ha). I  figure if that airline will pay for the troops meals, somehow my airfare helps cover the cost. 

On to my card...the card base is 4.25 x 4.25
the cricut cut is from Create- a -critter 2, found on page 51. I cut it at 2.2. the colors are printed from the imagine - "Imagine more cards" cartridge. The red striped paper is from DCWV cut at 4.25 x 1.75.
the little tag is cut from my stash and I printed always remember with a teal colored gel pen.
The teal pearl and the blue and white striped twine is from Queen and Co., some of my goodies from the trunk show.  I used foam tape to pop up the hat.



challenges:
MOJO:sketch
Fantab: Memorial day
Pause Dream, Enjoy: use foam tape


Have a blessed evening,
Diana

11 comments:

  1. Great card, and wonderful sentiments for our troops who serve for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great patriotic card using a fun looking sketch from Mojo Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love the little hat and what a perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat! There are so many cuts on Create-A-Critter, it's nice to be reminded of them when you see someone's project! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us over at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. Thanks for playing playing along with FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that hat. Did you get that from Uncle Sam? The papers and twine are perfect. I love that you tell our troops you appreciate what they do for our country. I think it to myself but have never expressed it to them but in the future I think I will. thanks for sharing your project with us at FCCB for the Memorial Day challenge. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Diana, I really like the hat and the vertical stripes against the horizontal lines make for good use of line in it!! ;) Thanks for joining FCCB's Memorial Day challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...