Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WINNER OF THE DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENGE #106 SPRING

CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday LINKY PARTY challenge ending  April 30, 2013
New challenge begins tomorrow....


Good Morning Friends,

Before I share with you who the winner is, I want to share with you what I did yesterday.   I love the saying:
Don't look down on someone, unless you are helping them up.......... Words to live by



Once a year we have a one day event at our civic auditorium, called project homeless connect.  A group of volunteers (This year there were about 800) help the homeless get the services they need. It has been a successful program and the need is real.  It starts at 10:00 and goes until 4:00. The shifts are 2 hours each, which is why there are so many volunteers. There is everything from foot washing to dental care, lice checks to haircuts, mental health care to pastoral care. The advocates stay with one person until they have gotten all the services they need, that are available. It is such a wonderful community effort.  I feel blessed to be able to help in the way I did.  My prayer was that I would bless those that I served.  If you would like to read more about homeless project connect here is a link.  click here  ----- Click here for the Santa Cruz link


CONGRATULATIONS to the winner of the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY #106 CHALLENGE.
There were a 108 entries.  I use random.org -what ever comes up is what I go with. Everyone has the same chance. I would find it very hard to choose, because there are so many awesome projects. You are all so talented and I like all of you. I wish I could give each of you prize.  maybe someday, for now I will settle for one a month







I used  Random.org to select the winner and
The winner is: Gerda
CONGRATULATION!!!! :GERDA
Please send me your e-mail so I can get your prize to you


 (ps: The image above is The T-shirt that I wore at the event -- I did not design it)


Have a blessed day, Diana

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful quote! Congrats to the winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Gerda!!!

    Diana, now why does it NOT surprise me that you have such a good heart! LOL! I just know what a blessing you are to family, friends... everyone!!! I love the saying and there's another one that complements it that I really love and that is "...if you can see up, you can get up".

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic service. I applaud you and your community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Gerda! Yippee for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an wonderful thing you are doing with Project Homeless Connect!! You are such an amazing person, Diana!! Congrats to Gerda!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome community project. I love how tightly knit your community is. I love the t-shirt image and the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful service. Congrats Gerda.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diana, Its a wonderful thing that you are doing for your community! One more thing that I LOVE about you...:-)
    Congrats to Gerda!!AWESOME!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diana,
    Yippee, Yippee!
    Wow, you made my day!
    I always love your challenges and linky party's.
    Big hugs
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Diana,
    Yippee, Yippee!
    Wow, you made my day!
    I always love your challenges and linky party's.
    Big hugs,
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful words to live by Diana!!! Congrats Gerda!!!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Gerda! What a wonderful way to spend a day Diana, thank you for helping these people!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...