Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reminder Week #2 DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY #113 SUMMER CHALLENGE



                                                                                                    #113 challenge ends July 23, 2013

CLICK HERE for the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY JULY LINKY CHALLENGE ends July 31



Hi Friends, 
This is a reminder that this is week two of the challenge, but I also wanted to share with you the other vase and flowers I made for the other side of my table for the show. I drove down to the beach yesterday after my gym workout and scoped out my spot for the show. What a gorgeous day, the ocean was turquoise underneath with a deep blue toward the top of the water. I have never seen these colors on our coast before, it looked more like a Hawaii beach and the weather was perfect to boot.  I realized I need to get outside more often, that might mean a bit less art room time, but this time of year I think it would be a good thing!!  


I made a total of 25 roses in the two vases,  I have everything for the show packed and ready to put in the car Friday.


DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #113

THEME:  SUMMER


                                                                         
What do you think of, when you think summer? I think of hot bright colors, flowers, running, biking swimming, not to mention all kinds of water sports. Summer, is really a time of many out door activities.  I will be indoors for the show that is coming up. So I thought I would brighten up my display table with this hand made pail of hand made paper roses. What ever tickles your fancy and makes you think of summer is welcome in this challenge



Hard to believe these are really paper. I just love making them.



Both sides Have one pearl brad and one gem stone brad. I liked the look, plus it was the only ones I had that matched and were big enough. I may pop out tomorrow and get new brads, I think this is really pretty the way it is though--UPDATE~ I decided to leave them and I made the blue one similar



There are 9 flowers in this pail. I think I may do 3 more. I will most likely add some pale peach roses to it.

The papers I used are AC card stock
Graphics 45 Secret Garden
SVGCUTS.com
Mother's garden gifts




The challenge will be open until 11:55 PST  July 23, 2013.
3 entry limit



THE PRIZE:
6X6 PAPER PAD
BASIC GREY AMBROSIA


10 yards of red & white twine



and creative charms embellishments


Challenges:
Moxie fab world: trigger
4 crafty chicks: 3-d
Craft it up link it up: Summer





Have a blessed day Diana

7 comments:

  1. The flowers are simply amazing, Diana!! They look so gorgeous!! Have a great day my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Diana, your flowers are just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana,

    I love, love, love your flowers! So pretty! I am going to have to make something to enter into your challenge. I wish I were as talented as your are!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. These flowers are so awesome!! I just love the vases too!
    Sounds like a perfect day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your paper flowers are beautiful! These are so nice, Diane, as well as the pails you made. Wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic flowers, love your project
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...