Sunday, December 1, 2013

3-D Advent Calendar- and elf (Hope) on a shelf day 3- and an elf on a shelf linky party

CLICK HERE  for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #122 Thanksgiving Challenge ends December 10


Hi Friends,

Here begins the advent calendar.
I used 15 sheets of American card stock paper and 11 sheets or more of  DCWV the homemade Christmas stack. I probably 4oz. or more of glue. Each door is filled with goodies.  I had hoped to ship it out before the first but my elf started playing with it, so it may be late. Hope may even want me to keep it here.


Finished Santa's Village advent calendar
click here to see the video



Here is building 12




Doors 13 through 12 finished



and a close up of building 24




 This is picture heavy, because I want you to see all the work that went into this. I worked on it for five days, not 8 hours a day of course, but quite a few hours.  I am so amazed that you can do this with paper. and  I just love how easy Mary makes it at SVGCUTS.com




Here is the inside of the doors for 13-22



She was actually playing with my stamps, when I was not looking. She really is a sweet heart because she was helping me out.  Looks like she may have fallen asleep


That look tells me she is up to something.


That is it, she is peeking in day one.  Wonder what is in there?



challenges
http://avenue613.blogspot.com/2013/12/challenge-48-anything-goes-or-twist-of.html
little scrap pieces- linky
Paper playtime AG
PTT:AG
Paper crafting journey :Bling it up

Crafty calendar: Christmas
Jo's craft shack: Get in the spirit
2 sisters: AG
HIMC:Freestyle
Just be creative linky party

MIM
http://www.cardztv.blogspot.com/2013/11/cardz-tv-go-to-galz-challenge-40.html
Sunday funday:AG

I decided to have an elf  LINKY party. If you are playing elf on a shelf or you have an elf,

1.Please link up your elf's antics below. Must be this year
2.Only link up one elf antic per day- they must be (GP).
3. For each link up leave a comment saying what your elf is doing
4. Link up both your elf post (not  your blog)  and mine so others can play and comment. Posts not linked will be deleted

I would just love to see what everyone does with their elf. There will be an elf-ie surprise at the end for 3 lucky people.

The linky will run until December 24 11:55 PST


Have a blessed day, Diana

33 comments:

  1. Hi, Diana! I don't know the first thing about Advent Calendars (I'm Jewish) but this is just gorgeous. I am sure that whatever purpose they serve, yours will be a delightful gift! What is the significance of the elf? It is very cute! I know earlier he was sitting by an ornament! Your paper and glue were put to great use because the craftsmanship here is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Diana what a fabulous project! I LOVE, LOVE this!
    Have a wonderful day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Diana, what an amazing Advent Calendar!! I absolutely love this!! So creative!! I want one just like it...my sister and I used to fight who got to open the calendar every day!! And your elf is so cute!! I have an elf, but he's not very adventurous ;) Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an awesome project, love your detailed tutorial as well, thank you for playing at 613 Avenue Create
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH!! Goodness...I just love the pictures! FABULOUS projects!! you know I LOVE that Elf!!!
    Just please be careful with eh Elf..do not give him scissors..LOL!
    Thank you fro making me laugh!! Love that!
    Have a wonderful day my wonderful friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AMAZING Diana!! I LOVE the papers you used and the overall project is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Diana, this project looks amazing! You can see how long it took you to make with all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful advent calendar/village Diana! Wow! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness! This was some work girl. Great job. Love it. Thanks for linking up in December's Just Because Linky Party.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh such a lot of hard work you have put in and its stunningly beautiful
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Stunning Diana. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one gorgeous advent calender. Papers are fabulous and there is that mischievous little elf - Hope! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've done such a great job with this advent calendar. I can see from the outcome, as well as the photos, that you've put a lot of time and effort and HEART into this project. Well done!
    I came over from MIM to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, Diana! I saw it on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow fabulous Diana lovely design and the detail is amazing.

    Saw it at MIM.

    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Incredible! So much love and attention to detail has gone into this. Kudos to you!
    Thanks so much for sharing this week at HIMCR. We hope to see you back very soon!
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Hiding in My Craft Room Design Team
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I bet you have lots of patients. Very detailed project and you have taken such care in putting it together. Just Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW this is a fabulous project. I love all of the details. There must of been alot of folding and gluing. Your elf is so cute. I think I need to get me an elf to keep me company.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW..beyond AMAZING. Wonderful design so beautifully detailed. So glad I found you on MIM. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGOSH! This is amazing Diana!! Just amazing!! I love your advent calendar and I'm with you, who knew you could make something like this from paper?!! Love that your elf on the shelf was helping you out some with this project. Thanks for joining us at JFFC;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Awesome project!

    Thanks for joining the Cardztv Design Team!
    mimiscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stunning project. I saw it on MIM and came over to have a closer look. Your advent village looks fabulous, really worth the work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great project.

    For fun, I've linked up my "real life" elf sneaking a cookie from Santa. This is my great niece and we haven't started the Elf tradition yet. I wish this was around when my son was little.....this is such a fun thing to do for the countdown to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely project! Thanks for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness, Diana! This is extraordinary! What a lovely project and so beautifully crafted. (And the pictures could not be more delightful!) What a joy this is to see tonight. I think of you often and am sending you the sparkliest hugs imaginable tonight!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is awesome, thank you for sharing over at MIM, Hugs Kerry DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful...thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, you knocked this out the park girl!!! Gr8t job, thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Diana this is just too cute. Love all the extra details you put in this advent calendar. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG, DIANA! this is about the most fabulous thing I have ever seen! Love, love, LOVE it. the details is beyond amazing. Now I'm thinkin' I may need a cutter that I can use SVG files with. (haven't really touched my Cricut in a year.) I'm just starting to decorate. Do I have any elves? Love yours! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  31. OH MY STARS!!! Look at how darling these are!!! I LOVE THEM!!! Thanks a bunch for linking them up to Every Day is an Occasion, you talented girl! Take care!!! SMiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yea! I forgot about my elf who guards my back door each Christmas. Fun Linky party! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...