Friday, June 10, 2011

FRIDAY- Getting cricky challenge

Hi Everyone,
I thought I would try something a little different for K. Andrews  getting cricky challenge Theme: VINTAGE.
The theme being what it is "vintage " I decided not to use my cricut and only used scissors and a paper trimmer, everything is cut out by hand and layered. I downloaded the images from the internet and they are printed on Bazzill basic card stock - Great Paper by the way" This is a 5x7 card PTI card stock--my last piece  :-( I need to place another order. I placed black lace under the shoes and tied a 1/8" satin ribbon around the waist of the dress form. I love the way this card came out, very romantic and vintage. I need to venture out a bit more I have gotten a bit dependent on the cricut machine & designs. I love them, but it is nice to experiment.



13 comments:

  1. Wow, you really nailed vintage! I love it! I am going to have to come back later to follow you - the followers widget isn't working :(

    Getting Cricky DTM
    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    http://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful!!! I really like your blog.... Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog, I'm one of your followers now too, hee hee! :)
    Amy "redheaded crafter"

    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, very vintage. I love it! Great job! Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Your follower button is back and working. NOW I am following you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh, Diana, this is so awesome! You have totally captured the vintage, romantic feel! The papers and embellishments are so gorgeous. I didn't know cards could be made without using a Cricut??!! Just kidding ;) Your card is fantastic :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! I love it all- very vintage! Your cutouts are perfect!

    JulieK- Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW
    I love your card, it is so vintage and beautiful, You nailed it
    Becka
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis a beautiful card and very vintagey!!! Thank you for joining us this week for the Simply Sunday Challenge!!

    Lots of Love,
    Erika Getting Cricky DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very vintage. You did a beautiful job on this card.
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the images you downloaded. You've done this vintage card so beautifully, esp. pearls around neck of manikin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is absolutely gorgeous--the mixture of all the elements and I love that wide border with the dressform popped up--it's just such a perfect combination of colors and elements!
    Thank you for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew of Getting Cricky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diana, I love this card!! You outdid yourself with the vintage!! Great job!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Getting Cricky with K Andrew last week!! Hope you'll join us again this week for the 'Anything Goes' Challenge!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...