Saturday, November 26, 2011

SATURDAY-AFTERNOON and A plumber story and some challenges

Hi Friends,
I got up and out early today. I had to get to the local craft store, the lumber yard, staples and the post office. I put a roast in the crock pot before I left and the aroma is really making me hungry, right now.   I figured I better get in the art room and get something posted before it is too late in the day.  I have been pretty busy on the art project, hence the trip to the lumber yard. Unfortunately, it did not turn out how I hoped, but in evaluating the situation I decided to make do with what I have for the display.

Last week, we had to call a plumber. God bless my husband, I asked him if he could fix the sink faucet that made this high pitched ear piercing sound.  He did, it lasted for awhile and then the sound came back along with dripping. The first time the plumber came out he fixed the faucet, but the dripping under the sink was even worse, AFTER he left..  Long story short, I pulled everything out from under the sink and  got rid of a lot of unnecessary items.  Although I had saved this for some reason and now I know why


This is one of those containers that clinque gives out with purchase with purchase, and inside are all the little sample sized goodies.  I decided to transform it to fit a couple of challenges and also I have some parties coming up where I will need to give a hostess gift.  If I put tissue in here, and  a small gift no on will be the wiser and what a great way to recycle. This was not on the side of the sink where the water was dripping, plus we had a little bucket uner there to catch the drips.  Just for those curious minds.

Her is my finished piece.  I love the way it came out.

 I used three different paper designs from My Mind's Eye (I just love this Christmas pack)
 Beside the metal tag, I have a metal brad holding the three tags that were made using a Sizzix die
 This is the close up of the Thank you tag. It is one of those making memories curling tags.
This is the bottom and this is the end of the post

Thses are the challenges I am entering
Crafty Sprouts: Tag it
Frosted Designs:Metal
Docerela:3D project
2 Sisters: Holiday
Go Fish: Any thing but a card
The second time the plumber came out, he fixed the drip. We needed new turn off valves and some other supplies plumbers carry. I'm just thankful it is fixed.  We will use these plumbers again.  Happy ending. My husband was my hero  again.

What do you think do you have any good plumber stories?

20 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is so awesome, Diana!! I have that same Clinique container somewhere! And I have that paper pack - which I LOVE, too! This is such a fabulous project!! You have inspired me :)

    I hope you had a very safe, happy and blessed Thanksgiving my friend!!

    Hugs, Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. I love altered things. Don't forget to enter your project over at http://gofishchallenges.blogspot.com/. It's anything but a card challenge.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana! Glad your sink is fixed! A drippy faucet is no good! I just love how you recycled this box! The paper is wonderful! I have the same Sizzix tag cut and I love them! They are super easy to use. That is a great metal tag, I think I have the same one, I will have to look for it! LOL hope you have a great weekend my friend!

    Thanks for joining us at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your pretty makeover on the box. My hubby is my handyman. We do not like contractors, the cost of repairs is ridiculous and most of the times they do not do a very good job. My hubby does all the repairs. My hubby has repaired leaks, replaced toilets & more. Couple yrs ago we replaced the water heater when it sprung a leak in the garage. A city inspection is required for most work like this since you are connecting to the water meter and my hubby's work passed the inspection wonderfully.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! how beautiful! I love the vintage feel. Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool box! Love this 3-d project. Thank you for joining my challenge.


    Catarina aka docerela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the strangest plumber thing that I've ever heard of is from my friend who used to teach at my school. Her faucet was leaking and when the janitor came he cracked it open and it sprayed water all over the kids and her materials. It was sad, but funny at the same time. This box is awesome! I love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome alteration of the box!!! I only have plumbing nightmares, lol including waking up in the middle of the night because I kept hearing the water pump kicking in. First I thought it was the water softener and went back to sleep only to find the water heater pumping water through, yes, through to the floor--for hours because I ignored it. Anyway, great box.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful box! I love the metal tag, brad and metallic ribbon! I'm going to reread your post and find out how you got your paper on the box so smoothly! I hope you'll create with us again at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for the box! It turned out great--glad you finally got the drippy sink fixed :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great box...my MIL gave me one the other day...now I have some ideas what to do with it. Funny you should say plumber, as we speak my husband is cutting a hole in the wall because one of our pipes is leaking...wish me luck lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. The box is just gorgeous. To bad you dont live in northwest Indiana, my hubby just opened his own plumbing shop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is just too stinkin genius! the recipient will LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is wonderful!
    great work!
    Eli (Frosted Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh very pretty!!! TY for joining us over at Crafty Spouts!!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH I love this box. I'm so excited I have this paper lol so I can attempt something like it! You did a great job! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Crafty Sprouts. Good luck
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! I always say that things happen for reason, so your plumbing having issues lead to this beautiful box!! Great job! Good luck from Crafty Sprouts!

    Many blessings,
    Zeni
    www.scrappyzeni.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic box! Thanks so much for playing along with Docerela Creations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...