Saturday, December 30, 2017

Happy Kwanzaa Day 5

 DL.ART store- End of Year discount on all products 18% off use code NEWYEAR
CLICK HERE for the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY #219 "NEW YEAR CHALLENGE
CLICK HERE for the DL.ART December LINKY CHALLENGE
CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Elf Antics 5th Annual linky challenge (ended)



Happy Kwanzaa Day 5,

During Kwanzaa a special candle holder called a kinara is used. A kininara hold seven candles, three red ones on the left, three green ones on the right with a black in the center. Each night during Kwanzaa a candle is lit. The black, center is lit first and then it alternates between the red and green candles starting with the ones on the outside and moving inwards. This is quite similar to the lighting of the menorah in the Jewish Festival of Lights, Hanukkah


Day 4-

Day 3-

Day 2
Kwanzaa was first observed in 1966 celebrating African culture and identity.
The word Kwanzaa id derived from Swahili and translates to " First fruits".
The seven days of Kwanzaa celebration correspond with seven principles:
Unity
self-determination
collective work
responsibility
cooperative economics
purpose
creativity and faith

(info taken from campbells.com

 Out of Africa 1 set #2


Day 1
What is Kwanzaa and how is it celebrated?
Kwanza (/'kwa:n.ze/) is a week long celebration in the United states and in other nations of the West African diaspora in the America. The celebration honors African-American heritage, and is observed from December 26 to January 1, culminating in a feast and gift giving.

This info is taken from google


If you would like more info on Kwanzaa you can google it, I will be sharing a little each day on the history of Kwanzaa-because I want to know and I would like to share what I learn with you.

If you would like to share in and add some info about Kwanzaa I am sure we would all like to know.


I will also be showcasing my new sets of buttons Out of Africa 1 and Out of Africa 2. Each edition will have five sets of buttons with 6 buttons per set.

On New Years Eve I will begin displaying Out of Africa 2




Each set is $4.50 (buttons)
However, if you order the complete edition of Out of Africa 1- 5 sets  (30 buttons total) by Friday December 29th You can get them for $18.  Site unseen but they are all really cool --- Use code: OOA1cs

You can order the buttons Flat back, pin back or open back - I make the sets after the order is sent. It usually takes a couple of days 
release date  Dec 26, 2017-------Out of Africa 1  Set 1

Out of Africa 1 Complete set

Complete set Out of Africa 1--- Click here

Have a blessed day Diana

2 comments:

  1. Both sets are awesome, Diana!!! Love the gorgeous colors!!!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all amazing, my friend!! I'm so happy to be visiting after a small blog break for the holidays!! I've scrolled through to see the amazing projects I've missed while I was gone and they are all fabulous!! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and I wish you a healthy and happy 2018!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...