Thursday, February 16, 2012

FEBRUARY 16, 2012*** THANKFUL THURSDAY**** A NEW CHALLENGE

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm just giving you a few reminders and info

Thankful Thursday
 ANYTHING goes challenge ends 11:59 February 18 CLICK HERE to go to the challenge


Thankful Thursday:
 Purple and only one other color,  is open until February 25 at  CLICK HERE to go to the challenge


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The new challenge DL.ART Thankful Thursday is to use yellow and a butterfly 



I used PTI Harvest gold for the card base,
The green dotted paper is from leaf prints,
Cuttlebug embossing folder : words
        "        : butterfly
  I was experimenting.  I bought these little mister bottles and made my own pearlescent mist.  Similar to tattered angels glimmer mist.  Here is what I did,  I took 1/8 teaspoon pearlescence  and mixed it with rubbing alcohol in the mister blottle, shook the bottle and wa la- I think I need to experiment a bit more it is not smudge resistant. I think I need some sort of binder to hold it all together.
 I will do some more research and get back to you on this one.
Then I ran it through the cuttle bug while it was still wet. The purple dotted paper is DCWV Nantucket.

This challenge will end on March 3 at 11:59 the random winner will receive a $15:00 gift card from Joann's.



Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments, Have a blessed day Diana

13 comments:

  1. Hi Diana so beautiful love the embossing on the butterfly and I do have that folder! I am going borrow your design and change the sentiment I need a sympathy card for a friend at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Diana and I really like your mister tip.

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterfly looks wonderful. Can't wait to see what other experiments you try with making mister. I tried water, alcohol ink, and perfect pearls (liquid), but it didn't mix as well as I had hoped. It is usable, but not perfected. Great challenge again my friend.
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card- I love how you embossed the butterfly!! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card!! love the butterfly with the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and I love the color combo, I hope to be back to play!

    Have a GREAT day!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the fun challenge!
    Have a FANTASTIC day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the challenge. Have a great week.
    KatieO

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful butterfly card.love the embossing.thank you for another great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like all things Butterfly including your wonderful embossed Butterfly card. Not sure how I missed this challenge when it was first posted but think that the date deadline that is specified as Feb 3 which has passed confused me but saw that it was still open when I was browsing Karen's creation so thank goodness for Leap Year day and getting this entered.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...