Friday, January 25, 2013

Happy Friday........ be mine


CLICK HERE 
for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday January anything goes LINKY party  ending 1-31-13

CLICK HERE
for DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge #102 red/or pink  ending  2-5-13




Hi Friends,

 This has really been a tough week.  On Saturday one of my knit wit friends, who had been in the hospital was not doing to well, the next next day I got a call from another knit wit saying she was really having a hard time breathing and was just diagnosed with asthma. Two hours later I got a call that she was home with the Lord.  Life is so short.  On Wednesdays I meet with my knit wit group and we had a small memorial there for her along with our regular knitting session. Our friend's (who passed away) son and his wife showed up to listen in and be part of what his mother experienced every week with us.  We all laughed and cried during this time of sharing what his mother meant to each and everyone of us.  and we still got some knitting done. 

Her memorial service will be Saturday at 1:00- ( for those of you know Janet and are going e-mail  or call me, I will get  the info to you).

On a more personal note I had an MRI last night for my shoulder injury I am still waiting for the results I will keep you all up dated-- They said I was the most still patient they have ever had--- I guess it is because I fell asleep in there (ha ha) -- it was so cozy.

Any way here is a card I made I love Valentine's day.





Suppplies used
PTI: true black stampers sect white
stamp image Asian fusion
Creative inspirations Deliquesce white
EK heart punch- Coredinations paper
sentiments Docerela Be mine stamp set


Challenges:
Cardz tv: color challenge
C.R.A.F.T.: Valentines of love
Cut it up : Love is in the air

I will consider all trials joy Have a blessed day, Diana

26 comments:

  1. From azknitwit.... May your heart heal. You card is outstanding. Keep the needles clicking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry about your friend I had a dear friend pass away this week too. Just got home from her funeral. Love the minimal look of your card very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, my heart hurts for all who loose someone dear. Hope your on the mend soon!
    You created a darling Valentine! Crafting is great medicine, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Diana I am so sorry for your loss of your friend Janet. I bet it was so nice to be together to laugh and cry . At first I though you must be so upset with her, because your were calling her a kint wit :) Awww life is short and can be hard. Take care my friend. Big hugs to you.
    Love your card! Love that it is so CAS. Feel better too with the shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for such sad news, my thoughts and prayers are going out to you and her family. You are right, life can be just too short.

    Your card is super! Love the black. Keep me posted on your shoulder, praying for the best! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your friend. Life is just too short! Enjoy every moment! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Diana! I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend! I can tell she was such a huge part of your life and will be missed greatly! My condolences to you and your knit group as well as her family!!!
    I do LOVE your card!! CAS and such an eye catcher!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana I am so sorry about your friend, you are right life is too short. Very sweet card, perfectly CAS. Keep us posted about your shoulder, I have had quite a few MRI's in my time and I fall asleep every time, every with that horrible noise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful Diane! I am so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. We had a love one pass the day after Christmas and it has been very difficult. I'm sure your knit group found comfort in one another. I hope the MRI is a great outcome. I don't know how you fell asleep with all the loud noises from that machine:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for your lost.
    Your card is amazing,
    be strong
    one big warm hug and blessings
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card...that is so sad...life is too short!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, Diana. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family. Your card is absolutely beautiful!! I love the design!!

    I'm saying prayers for good results of your MRI, too. Keep us posted. HUGS :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Simple and artistic. So sorry about your friend. Take care of yourself. Sending you good thoughts for the results of your MRI.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Diana, my thoughts are with you. Love your CAS card. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is stunning. Love how the elements pop against the black. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Your knitting group sounds amazing. How wonderful that her son came and shared the experience with you. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Diana,I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.My thoughts & prayers are with you & her family.A very beautiful & warm-hearted card.Love it! I am keeping you in my prayers,especially with the results of your MRI.
    Sending a HUGE amount of Bloggie love & prayers to you my friend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so for your lose - so sad when it is sudden like this. The card is sweet & simple perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, Diana. Your loss reminds me to live every day to the fullest for it is so fleeting. Blessings to you and your group on the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Diana, So sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts and Prayers are with her family and you. You are so thoughtful to have honored her at the Knit Wit club with her family.
    BTW-I absolutley love your card. It's simple but meaningful...I have to give this one a try...thanks for the inspiration.

    Take care!
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice Diana. Love the simplicity of this card. Thanks for joining us this week at CTVS for the color challenge

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  22. Diana, I am so sorry to here about your friend. Sounds like your knitting group is a close group of friends. Good luck with your shoulder. I always try to stay still during an MRI It's hard to block out the urge to scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a sweet card!! thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice card! I love the simple elegance of it! Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Kimberly
    Cut It Up DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful, clean and simple! Thanks for linking your card to Cut it Up Challenges.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...