Friday, May 13, 2011

More Friday

I made this card for my nieces wedding last year,  I never really cared for it as a wedding card, maybe because of the black glitter paper or the brown (although the brides maids dresses were brown). It looked more like new Years Eve to me. Long story short....I ended up making a different card  for the wedding. The Vellum was completely covering the front, so for this challenge I decided to cut a window in the front to show off the bride and groom. This is my week off from Celebrate the Occasion, but to cheer team #1 on I'm entering the challenge, this is  Challenge #13 Theme: WEDDING with RIBBON
If you are feeling up to the challenge you have until 11:59 Sunday May 15th to enter.
  Click here to view the challenge and other entries
                            This is an A7 card 5x7
 I used 1/4 inch ivory ribbon, I pierced a hole at the top and bottom, then threaded the ribbon through all layers of card stock
 I typed the sentiment on the computer and then printed it on a nice 100% cotton laid paper
 The Vellum is fairly thick, but the color works, I had a thinner vellum, but the color too pink
 I made this card before I started my blog so I'm not sure what the Brand of papers I used, although I know the glitter paper is from DCWV glitter stack

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like the brown and the velumn window turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, what a beautiful card. I love how the couple is framed. Thanks for joining us on your week off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little circle figures, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the details. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I really need to use this cart more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card! I think you did a fab job!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice.. Lovely ..

    Ivette_DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is just so elegant! Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooooo pretty!! I LOVE it!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your DT talent at CTO with Team #1 this week!!
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Nice!

    Thanks for playing with CTO!

    Nicole T.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...