Monday, May 2, 2011

MONDAY( PST/TUESDAY(EST)- Celebrate The Occasion Challenge #12

I love when Celebrate The Occasion Team #2 is up for designing, because that means I get  to share with my team mates, my design and how I interpret the challenge and see all of their wonderful designs, and then encourage all of you to join in on the challenge this is Challenge #12.  CLICK HERE  to see the other designers and enter the challenge

It is an exciting week. The theme this week is graduation. I racked my brain, trying to think of anyone graduating this year from anything, even down to preschool - so I would have an idea on what to design. Then, it came to me, This is one of those years divisible by 5 that I graduated from San Jose State University. So I made my self a banner "why not" I said. Trust me most of the time it is not about me, but the theme fit. I did not quite get the blue right our blue is more of a cobalt blue the blue I had in stock was more of a Prussian blue. It gets the message across.
The banner was cut from Birthday bash a 5". The caps were cut from everyday paper dolls. I used satin ribbon ATG glue gun and my homemade dimensionals- I used a gold jelly roll pen to color the top of the tassel to give it a metal look and then white gel pen to give definition to the cap. It spans 40" across, not counting the ends of the ribbon on either side, which is approximately another 12-15 inches on each side.




13 comments:

  1. Wow you did a great job. I love your banner

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice and clean. I like it. Thanks for sharing.

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your banner!! Awesome job Teammate!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome banner! I love all the little hats on there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great banner and I love the little graduation caps, great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am yet to make a banner, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the banner, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GREAT!! I love the 'funky' shape to the banner triangles -- I think I 'need' this cartridge now!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your DT talent at CTO this week!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this banner! It's fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great banner! I love that cap, that's the same one I used for my card too!

    Great to be on the DT with you!
    - Rayna
    http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the banner! Congrats on the graduation ;-)
    Its nice to serve on the DT with you.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great banner! Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...