Thursday, June 20, 2013

week #2 DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY Challenge #111 Father's day / or a card for a man



         WEEK #2                                                                                  #111 challenge ends June 25, 2013

CLICK HERE for the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY JUNE LINKY CHALLENGE




Hi Friends,

Fathers day has come and gone, but you can still make a guy card. I have some more inspiration  for you.

DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #111

THEME:   Fathers day/ or card for a man


                                                                         
 Do you find making guy cards difficult?

Challenge yourself

Remember  last week I told you,  this past march I was at the scrapbook expo in Pleasanton.  I took a work shop from a woman  named Michelle who owns Avocado Arts stamps.  Wonderful whimsical stamps. "The perfect blend" was  the stamp set I received for part of the class kit.  I love it. When I got home I was able to order the cut file for the dies that match the stamps.   I  die cut every single stamped image and I have almost used everyone from the stamp set with these three cards.


The strip of paper is from AC Studio Calico, darling dear with gingerbread crinkle ribbon from  My Craft Spot. I used Jenni Bowlin malted milk to stamp the cup. The heart and the tea bag are colored with copic markers.   Does this look like a face with lips? It does to me.


I used Kraft card stock for the base, PTI dark chocolate ink and green copic marker to color in the cup. I used the cup dots to add the design to the take-out cup. I used a die to cute the flower shape out of the burlap. The flower brad is from making memories

The papers I used are recollection
the Base card stock is PTI,
ink is PTI dark chocolate




AVOCADO ARTS





THE PRIZE:

Will be coming from my sponsor for this challenge

AVOCADO ARTS

I am so thrilled for all of you that one of you will
win something from my awesome sponsor



The challenge will be open until 11:55 PST  June 25, 2013.
3 entry limit





Challenges:
Kraft journal: use burlap
MIM:AG
Lady Anne: AG




Have a blessed day, Diana


14 comments:

  1. So super Diana! All of your masculine cards!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sitting here supposed to be getting ready for work. Instead I am blogging and drinking tea. I love the way you used embellies and the cards still look masculine

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three cards are fabulous!! I love the images and designs!! Have a great day my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great DT cards, thank you for the challenge hugs txx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun cards Diana, you put me in the mood for an iced coffee! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear friend, I spent the last little while going through all I've missed on your blog the last couple of weeks! Each post warmed my heart and each card made me smile. :o) (Beautifully-singing rooftop guy?! See, you inspire EVERYONE!) :o) You have a very special place in this massive crafty blogosphere, Diana! Thank you for this wonderful challenge. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards Diana! Oooh, I wish I could make it sometime to an EXPO! How fun and exciting! Happy you had a great time!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great cards and a lot of great entrys also. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific masculine cards Diana. Love the burlap on the second one. :) Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I luv the stamps set from your new sponsor, Diana. Masculine cards are not one of my favorites to make, and I'm not sure exactly why. I love flowers, and some men do, too! But I haven't seen too many maculine cards with flowers. I guess I just need more practice. TFS your ideas with us.
    Mindy
    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love,love the cards - just perfect!!Thanks so much for joining us this week and we hope to see you again soon at the Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge, Elizabeth (DT) at the Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Sharon
    Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge
    Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...