Monday, February 24, 2014

It is a Good Day to be Happy!!

Click here  for the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY#126 Vintage/ or shabby challenge ending 2-25, 

CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday February Linky  Party challenge ending February 28, 2014


Hi friends,

BBTB2  has a great challenge going on right now use a die cut as a stencil.  From the moment I bought my machine I have wanted to do this, so I am doing it today. I printed and cut a bunch of birds from Lori's garden  (an Imagine cartridge),  I will be using these for mini cards, but I am using the stencil part as a background for my card. I used viridian green which is my absolute favorite watercolor color . I painted the background on PTI stampers select white card stock, let it dry. The, I embossed with creative inspiration deliquesce platinum , then  tied a vintage cream PTI ribbon underneath the bird stencil and then pop dotted my birdie on top of the ribbon and the stencil to give it the look of a shadow. Then, I adhered it to PTI vintage cream card stock.




 Fantabulous cricut challenge is having a use your favorite color Challenge.  I'm in.




Here are all my little birdies aren't they adorable?

Here you can see where I have painted over the stencil.

I was saving up stencils and I don't know how many I had and I finally just threw them out a couple of weeks ago, only to make one and then use it. I am loving today. I hope this inspires you to go over to BITTEN BY THE BUG 2 and enter a piece.

Challenges
BBTB2
FCC
MIM
613 Avenue


Have a blessed day, Diana

23 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Diana!! I love the colors and the pretty bird!! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty !!! I love the stencil you made , and the soft colors are the perfect touch !!!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Diana this card is beautiful!! I love how you used your stencil and I love the soft color you used to stencil your little birds. Goes so well with the color combo of Lori's Garden! Love that cart! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 my twin;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the soft color that you used with your stencil and that it was the shadow for your birdie. The birdie cut is so pretty. I almost used that cut instead of the one that I picked. Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! Beautiful!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Diana!! The birds look amazing!! Absolutely beautiful my friend!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful results! So soft in the pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Diana!!! Love the pretty colors you used. And I so love how you used one of the stenciled birds as the shadow for your cut!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Stencil' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Diana the birds on your card are lovely, I love the soft colors and the inking you added! So glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fab card Diana...love the technique you have used..
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Diana! LOVE the stencils you used! So excited to have you start on the team with us!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I'm always saving my negative cuts - you've inspired me to use them! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card and images Diana. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  14. great Idea Diana...and fabulous Image..lovely color combo too..I really love the bird with those flower so cute....beautifully done

    I see your creation on Make It Monday (MIM), my card is #52, if you would like to see it on my blog and if you would like to leave me some love I would be glad...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your idea! This is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea,pretty card, saw it on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like how you used the negative space to make your background. Great job. Thank you for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Diana what a beautiful effect! What an awesome way to use a hand made stencil. I'll have to put that on the "to make" list! :)
    Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugs,
    Kathi
    Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute and pretty. Glad you could join us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun bird stencil turned out so cute! Thanks for joining BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun car love the little birdie and the stencil technique. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...