Saturday, March 17, 2012

MARCH 17, 2012***SATURDAY*** HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY*** SCRAPBOOK EXPO

Good Morning Everyone,

I had a great day yesterday.
I have never been to the Scrapbook Expo before.  So I decided on a very rainy day to drive over the hill and see what it was all about. A half hour after I passed Laurel curve there was a very bad accident that resulted in a fatality. When I came back they were still cleaning up the debris from the accident.

It took an 1 1/4 hours to drive to the Expo I spent 4 1/2 hours there and it was an hour on the back to where  the accident had  taken place.  This is when I count my blessings.  This is a very treacherous yet beautiful Highway.  We call it over the hill, it is actually part of the Santa Cruz Mountains, it is tree lined and very winding, there are lots of sharp curves and in the rain it is even worse. My heart goes out to the family who lost this man.

So, When I say, I count my blessings, I was just a happy little duck having a fun day, not knowing what had happened just behind me. Someone was watching over me.

Back to the EXPO- There were so many venders it was a bit overwhelming and crowded. I thought going on a Friday would be less crowded; it was at first, but by noon it really picked up.

The newer items were being sold at retail price. Some of the venders had really great deals I got some double-sided tape that I thought would not be too good because it was only $1. It is very good.  I will purchase this again.

I will share more in the up coming week with you. Who wants to spend their Saturday reading other people 's blogs.
I did get a lot of inspiration yesterday  and it was fun being with Katie, my blogger friend and buddy,  bouncing ideas off each other and buying different things and wondering what we will each do with them.

My shipment of Kraft outlet supplies arrived this week so now that I have their product I can enter their challenge.

Here is the card I made this morning.

I n honor of St. Patrick's day  I made A card, I used acrylic silver paint around the edges a variation of inking the edges. The paint is permanent and won't rub off.
I am entering it into these challenges:
CTO: metal
Paper Play: bingo-metal stitching,and Paint
Kraft Journal:Luck of the Irish
Rainbow lady:St. Patricks' day
SJ.scraps:3 of something
Fab & Funky: lucky

Thanks for stopping by,
Diana

13 comments:

  1. Love the falling money and the idea of using the paint, cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this card. The money is just so cute. Thanks for joining us at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Diana! I love going to the Scrapbook Expos. So many stuff for a very good price.

    Hugs,
    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! Love your design and all the details on it. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Play Challenges this week! Hope you’ll join us again soon for some more challenge fun, Hugs,
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card & design- I love the paint around the edges! Thanks for playing at CTO this week! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card, Dianna, Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card... so different and lovely. Thanks so much
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card!!! Thanks for playing at The Kraft Journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun St. Pat's card!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card, sounds like you had a fun day too. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow fab project, love it! Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card thanks for sharing your luck with us at Rainbow lady's this week. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great lucky card, thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...