Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday--------GUEST DESIGNER SPOT- -----My Sheri Crafts------this is a sneak peak of the top right hand corner of the layout

Happy Saturday Everyone,

I am so excited to share with you that I was chosen last week to be guest designer at my Sheri crafts and the challenge this week is VACATION. To me vacation (equals) = you need  a layout to preserve the memory of the fun time.   I had really wanted to do a layout anyway, so I decided to do one for a trip we took to Paris for my birthday, one year.  I just love the summer in Paris cartridge, it has such elegant shapes and they remind me of that birthday.  This is a 12x12 scrapbook page.
 In the top right hand corner of this layout I chose to place an envelope, which I made with the MS scoreboard from Tim Holtz ideology paper vintage shabby stash , I added a Prima (recollection copy) flower as an accent. I then,  laid a strip of stamps from various places in Parisover  the envelope, this is from Graphics 45 Curtain call
 When you open  the envelope you will see lined paper for journal ling- that to is from the graphics 45 collection
 On the bottom right I used Tags, bags, boxes and more to make a mirrored tag.  The latches are from fabulous finds and cut from Coredinations paper, the frame (ready for a photograph)  is from Cindy Loo and cut out of DCWV paper stack . There is also a journal-ling tag that can slide out in either direction.

 The arch is cut from coredinations and the paper company card stock

The Eiffel tower and the lettering for Paris are both cut from coredinations card stock the lettering is from Storybook  and the Eiffel tower and the arch are from "Summer in Paris Cartridge"


Here is the layout in its entirety-- I can't believe I used 5 cartridges on this, but it is a fact.

I hope you enjoyed this project, I had so much fun making it and it really brought back the memories of the fun birthday.



Have a great day! I cherish every comment thanks for visiting my blog.

14 comments:

  1. beautiful! :) 5 cartridges is craaaaazzzzy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I love it! Paris on a birthday- how fun! That's what I love about scrapbooking- it's more than pictures- you get the whole feel and story of what you are scrapbooking from your design/art....
    :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW 5 carts. on one layout. You definitely rocked this one Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful birthday present!! Really beautiful layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on GD!! You deserve it!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your so-deserved GD spot, Diana! This layout is just GORGEOUS! Wow, what a fun birthday that must have been! Now you have the perfect layout to preserve the memories! LOVE this :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful.....I love it....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the Guest Designer spot! This is a fabulous layout.. so fancy. We are having a similar challenge at The Paper Variety :) Would love if you traveled over and shared your project with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you could share with TPV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fun elements on your page!! Thank you for playing with us at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...