Saturday, June 30, 2012

JUNE 30, 2012***SATURDAY***WINNER- DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge



Good Morning Friends,

I guess I was loopy yesterday I thought it was the last day of June. Today is. Happy Last day of the month
Here is my adventure. Monday I hurt my right shoulder moving the shed preparing the area for the painting crew

I did not realize until Tuesday morning how bad it hurt until I started sweating profusely and then having the chills and then down right getting sick--- I won't go into detail there.  Tuesday I sat in one spot almost the whole day. On Wednesday I thought it might be a little better. Thursday I decided I needed to go to Urgent care, Hubby took me Thank goodness, I love him to pieces. Three hours and five X-RAYS later, I find out I have a torn ligament by the sternum and clavicle, a rip in the AC near the arm and shoulder, and a pulled muscle at the trapezius and up my neck.ouch! ouch! ouch!  They prescribed pain killer and muscle relaxers, so I took them for two days and stopped last night. I did not like the reaction's I was having to the medicine. However I did liked not feeling the pain (being at 14 on a scale from 1-10), I thought it was a good idea. The pain is barely bearable, but I am going to try to go without and hope I don't do any further injury. It does not hurt too much typing as long as I keep my arm really close to my side. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to do any cards for a while. 
I am a little ahead, I have done some of my projects for design team posts and thank goodness for pre-posts.

My DL.ART Thursdays will still continue, the good news is I will be able to comment more


.

Congratulations Karen of little scrap pieces. Please send me your snail mail address so I can get your prize out to you.

Be blessed, I am for knowing each of you, Diana

18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are having so much pain. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Karen. yeah! Hope you feel better soon!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Karen - hope you are on the mend soon, it sounds awfully painful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes...I know those prescription pain meds can do a number on you. Try taking Advil(motrin, ibuprofen...they're all the same) and plain Tylenol at the same time...they act separately in the body...they don't work together and double up. So it's safe to take them together...I find it works well. Check with your pharmacist. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diana. So sorry to hear you have been in so much pain. I know y ou like to be busy. It must be very frustrating. Wishing you a quick recovery
    KatieO

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of your injury! I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to hear you are in such pain! I hope it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch indeed! Hope you get to feeling better soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Congratulations to Karen as well.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane I was so happy for your visit, I love hearing from you. Then I hear you are hurt. I am so sorry.

    I know what you mean about the pills. I virtually live on pain pills and muscle relaxers. I have to! That pain that's a 14, that's my pain daily, never stops.Gets to about a 4 with the pills though. I will pray your shoulder heals soon. I am all to familiar how horrid it is to live with that kind of pain for a long period of time.

    Hugs, Pam
    http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. omigosh diana! what a terrible week you've had! i'm so sorry you hurt your shoulder/arm/ligament/crafting apparatus. hope you have a speedy recovery and that you're back in the craft room soon. take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now Diana, we all know how you really hurt yourself...it's called to much crafting...lol...laughing may help ease the pain if only for a moment...not to hard, no further damage needed...I'm trying...
    I wish for a fast recovery and prayers be with you.

    Take care and visit when you can.
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww Diana, I hope you feel better soon. And try to get some rest. In my prayers! Take Care and Get Well. AJ~

    Congrats Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Diana, my friend, I am sooo sorry you are hurting. I am praying that the pain goes away quickly and you are back to crafting. I can imagine the pain you are in...when I hurt my shoulder earlier in the year, it was so painful and my injury wasn't nearly as bad as yours. Sending lots of healing prayers and comforting hugs!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear about your Boo Boo! Always seems to happen at the worse time...although is there ever a good time for pain?!! Take care of yourself hon!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, I'm sorry your hurting so bad and I hope you feel better soon. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and inviting me to the linky party. I hope I linked up to the right one :D Take care & get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diana, I am so sorry to hear you have had a rough bout with this injury. I sure hope you are healing quickly. Thank you so much for your sweet words at my blog. Congrats to Karen!!!
    Sorry for being absent lately at your blog. The 500 celebration sure has kept me busy...LOL! Things will simmer down a bit, and I might get a few crafty projects done. I will try to join in your linky party ASAP! Hugs and Fast Healing!
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my so excite to see I won then over whelmed with concern for you. My daughter pull her trapezius in cheer leading took a while for it to heal. I remember the dr saying how painful it is. Take card of yourself I hope you feel better soon. Hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...