Monday, June 4, 2012

JUNE 4, 2012***MONDAY*** DIAMOND JUBILEE

Good Evening Friends,

It has been a rainy dreary day today, perfect for creating.
When it is beautiful outside that is where I want to be, so before summer gets here and I don't want to be indoors I thought I would make the most of this opportunity.

I used Black card stock for the base.
A2 size card for my Queen I used the Tim Holtz, Sizzix poker face set two embossing folder and a 22x30 art kraft card stock that I have cut down to make ATC's the gems on there are from G studio and I used R37 Carmine to color the heart on both the crown and the ATC. The crown is fussy cut from Echo Park paper and I used diamond stickles for each of the prongs on the crown.
The flowers in the bottle is a digi Darla digi stamp, colored with Copic B21and RV 11 pink fussy cut and then stamped with colorbox chalk ink to give the bluish color to the paper background
The Alice figure is from Octopode factory and I used  I used prisma color yellow marker for the hair and Copic markers for the rest of her out fit and skin. The blue ribbon is from my stash. The back ground paper and the patterned diamond paper are from Basic Grey "Granola"

The sixty - is to depict the Queen's 60th Jubilee Diamond celebration. That came from someone else's birthday celebration (a reuse).  The ribbon is from my stash, using Cathie's bow maker from CCR.

The postal image is from Pinkpaislee "Spring Jubilee." I used memento ink and then distressed it with Jeni Bowlin malted mik. It was too big for the card so I copied it at  50% and then fussy cut it to fit
I had major fun making this card.





Challenges:
Little scrap pieces: embossing
Basic Grey: The Queens Diamond Jubilee
Digi Darla :Tic Tac Toe (I used ribbon, gems embossing)
Altered Alice: going postal
Crafty cardmakers: distress it
MIM: anything goes w/ribbon



Have a blessed evening, Diana

30 comments:

  1. That is so cool!! Good job, Love the embossed card! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so fun!! I love that embossing!! That is cool! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's this week. Your "Play & Win" image will be mailed out to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great card... The Queen of Arts is just awesome...love that embossing......

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, I love all the "wonderland" elements your incorporated with your great image :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you've incorporated the Queen's Jubilee into our challenge at The Altered Alice! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun card! Love all the details on this! Great embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, love that Tim Holtz embossing folder. Thanks for joinging us at Digi Darla's challenge.

    Jacqueline Smith
    Digi Darla's DT member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so different and fun! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh... this is a wonderful card! I love that it is so unique! Thanks so much for joining us at Digi Darla's.!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! love the embossed card and the image is adorable Diana!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diana omg this card is fabulous so different edgy really love it. You have such a unique eye for design. Love your colors the brown card really works against the blue. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it! love the wide eyed girl. and the embossing on the kraft paper gives a cool effect... like an animal cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! I love the embossed Queen of Hearts! Thank you for joining us this week at Digi Darla's Challenge!!
    DawnD DDDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great. I love the embossed playing card.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab job on ALL of the challenges, Diana! Very creative thinking on your part. Thanks for joining us at The Altered Alice. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning card, such wonderful detail and great colours and details.
    I love your fun image and brilliant embossing.

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining the Basic Grey challenges

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! I really like the embossed playing card. Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Darla's

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome card Diana! I LOVE that embossing too:) Very cool design!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow just love all the details on this!

    Thanks for joining us as Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so awesome, Diana!! I love the design!! I have that embossing folder and have never used it...you have inspired me to do so!! Fabulous card :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent detailing on the game card. Perfect ensemble of embellishments too. Great job. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining the 'distress it' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great card, I love the detail and thought you've put into it. The embossed playing card is lovely and the subtle distressing on it looks fab.

    Thanks for joining in with my Distress It! challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous card...love all the elements. Good luck on the challenges you have entered Blend!
    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi

    This is fabulous, how cool is that card, looks amazing!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Like everybody else I love the embossed playing card. Thanks for joining us this week at DDC. Hope to see you again soon. xxx Rachelle DDC DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute projects and great idea to honor the queen's jubilee! Thanks for playing with us at Digi Darla's.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! Love the tiny postal image, and the way you highlighted one heart on the embossed playing card in red!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...